Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2019 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leader and expand into new verticals.
You'll be joining our Peak iOS engineering team, developing multiple features for our flagship product. You'll enjoy working with amazing devs.
- Own and build new features and games on the Peak iOS app.
- Build challenging algorithms and solve client performance issues.
- Use expert knowledge of the iOS platform to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- Improve unit testing and continuous integration processes.
- 2-3 years of experience coding and building consumer-facing iOS apps
- Fluency with Apple frameworks, Objective-C, Swift.
- Software architecture experience.
- Strong OOP, good knowledge of pattern and anti-pattern design.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred (not compulsory)
- Good communication and team collaboration skills (design, product, data, engineering)
- Experience with Instruments, Unit and UI Automation testing, continuous integration & deployment.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Why you should work with us:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals. 2019 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading brain training service and expand into new verticals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 25 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge