Full Stack / Back End Developer
Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2019 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leader and expand into new verticals.
We are now looking to hire a junior Full Stack developer with 1-2 years commercial experience to help the current team to develop our new B2B architectures and solutions.
- Help build the new B2B solutions,
- Will participate in designing scalable and reliable solutions to best meet the customers needs.
- Be an active part of the B2B Team which includes designer, project manager and the tech development team.
- +2 years experience in the same role,
- Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both frontend and backend
- Have knowledge of modern frontend frameworks such as ReactJS
- Work in Java and Node.js to implement server-side or application logic, develop databases, and design architectures
- Have experience with source code versioning using Git.
- Autonomous, independent person who get things done and as a startup mindset
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
We aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 25 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.
- Choice of laptop and smartphone