VP of Engineering
Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2019 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leader and expand into new verticals.
We are now looking to hire a VP Engineering to drive our technical roadmap, lead and grow our engineering teams and amplify their impact across the business.
Joining the company’s senior leadership team and reporting to the CEO, you will represent our tech team internally and externally, driving the team’s performance and output and ensuring we deliver on our business roadmap while developing products that are truly exceptional.
- Get Peak’s technical stack to the next level:
- Lead Peak’s tech strategy and roadmap with the support of our senior tech members
- Key player in the company’s strategy with the aim at establishing the right harmony between tech and business decisions
- Build a stable, secure and highly scalable infrastructure inc. Devops
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools to help Peak achieve his product vision
- Represent Peak at events and act as the tech leader for the company
- Tech team leadership and management:
- Responsibility over hiring the best engineers to join our team
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, coaching and mentoring to make our great software teams deliver world-class products
- Establish and enforce a solid project framework and excellent development / testing processes
- Work collaboratively with other team /stakeholders and provide feedback into product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy.
- 8+ years of engineering experience, with proven track record of leadership success in high-growth startup environments.
- Meaningful experience managing projects that adopt the following technology: Java, Nodejs, AWS, Unity, iOS and Android app development.
- Strong experience with the AWS ecosystem a plus
- A track record of leading and scaling effective tech teams within a high growth environment.
- Experience in developing tech and product strategies in line with the commercial model
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, big picture thinker, inclusive leader
- BS in Computer science or equivalent.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
We aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 22 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.
- Choice of laptop and smartphone