Copywriting and Translations Intern
Peak’s mission is to help the world spend their time better using tools and techniques borrowed from education, neuroscience and gaming. We make products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, which has now been downloaded over 40 million times across the globe. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of mobile technology. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
We are a global business and have daily need of great copy in up to 14 different languages. Working closely with the Head of Marketing you will learn how to write compelling copy for the Product and Marketing team. This will involve crafting in-app copy for the Product to provide clear, useful, valuable information to our Players. At the same time you will write irresistible calls to action for the Marketing Team to drive action from our Players as well as longer form content (no more than 500 - 800 words) for our social and User Acquisition channels.
You will also be responsible for coordinating and project managing both small and large translations tasks. This will involve working with freelance translators to ensure that we deliver translated copy to deadline and within budget.
You will be working with some of the best in the business and so this will be an incredible opportunity for you to learn a valuable set of copywriting and project management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Demonstrable experience proofreading and spotting grammatical and stylistic errors
- Great time management skills
- A willingness to work hard and learn fast
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience writing calls to action or other marketing copy
- Experience writing short form blogs/posts for university, personal or other websites
- Experience working with freelance translators
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.