Copywriter and Translation Manager (contractor)
Peak’s mission is to help the world spend their time better using tools and techniques borrowed from education, neuroscience and gaming. We make products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, which has now been downloaded over 40 million times across the globe. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of mobile technology. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
Peak Labs is recruiting a Copywriter and Translation Manager to support its Product and Brand teams. This is role that covers two areas. Firstly, you will need to write amazing copy for our web channels, creating compelling content that readers want to spend time with and that is easily discoverable. You’ll be a talented writer and great a taking complex scientific ideas and distilling them into a simple, readable format. You’ll also need to understand SEO as it’s essential people actually find our content. You’ll have to experiment and test different ideas to ensure that our content is widely read, widely distributed and easily discoverable.
Secondly, you will oversee the copywriting and translation process for all our products. We make Peak – Brain Training and several other games and apps. Each one of these needs really great Calls To Action to incentivise engagement. We are an international business and so we operate in 14 languages. As well as writing copy you’ll oversee the translation process making sure that the in-app content we publish in Japanese and Korean is as good as it is in English and French.
This job will suit someone who has a love of writing and a desire to tell strong product stories. A knowledge of science and an ability to demonstrate you can take complex ideas and make them simple and fun is important too.
- Write great copy for our website, social channels and product, turning out at least 2 great pieces per week that are optimised for SEO and that our target demographic reads, shares and talks about so as to broaden awareness of our products.
- Be a brand guardian, making sure our copy on all channels reflects our tone of voice and is consistent across all products.
- Own the full copywriting and translation process, ensuring your copy is translated and delivered on time to enable the Product and Design teams to meet deadlines and iterate quickly.
- Generate a steady stream of new ideas, focusing on topics that closely align with our products and which users are actively searching for.
- Monitor performance of content to ensure that it ranks well for chosen keywords and is read and shared.
- Research search volume, monitor competitors and follow SEO best practices so that we can be #1 for key search terms
- Ensure that our copy is as clean as our code by being an amazing copyeditor
- 2-3 years’ experience in a copywriter role ideally in a b2c tech environment or other premium mobile environment
- Exceptional writing ability
- Strong portfolio of content
- Demonstrable sub editing skills
- Experience optimisation for search and strong knowledge of best practice.
- Be great at time management, organisation and prioritisation.
- Second language would be useful
- Creative with a good understanding of how your work can impact our business.
- Be comfortable in a startup environment. We move fast and things change so you need to be adaptable, fast moving and have a bias for action.
- Really care about the details.
- Independent thinker
- Understand how copywriting affects brand perception
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
- Breakfast and snacks all day.
- Beer fridge all stocked up.
- Start up environment with a pool table, table tennis, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime.