Senior UI/UX Designer
Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2019 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leader and expand into new verticals.
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join a small team working on a new product in the Peak ecosystem.
As a Senior UI/UX designer you'll use your skills to define and develop brand new features and improve already existing ones, working shoulder-to-shoulder with our close team of product managers, scientists and engineers to delight millions of users across the world. You’ll be responsible of shaping the User Experience and User Interface, helping setting the direction of the product - you will have a meaningful impact on our product from the start.
You'll also support our marketing team, creating engaging and compelling materials to communicate our product.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, user journeys, personas and any other tool in your UX arsenal.
- Designing for both Android and iOS, respecting the specific OS qualities and requirements while keeping the app branding consistent.
- Coordinating with product managers and developers, adjusting your specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations
Ultimately, we want to create a product that people enjoy using and makes their life better. This is our utmost priority and we believe if we’re doing a good job to it, results will follow. We’re looking for someone with the same drive, that cares deeply about their product and its users.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- A portfolio of design projects to show us
- Proven experience designing for Android and iOS
- Proficiency with Sketch and the Adobe CC Suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator. Proficiency in After Effects very welcome
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (Invision, Marvel, Principle, Origami - whatever suits your needs and helps reaching our goals)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
To be able to evaluate your skills and get back to all candidates, we’d really appreciate to have a portfolio with your application. We’re looking for an insight on your methodology and design thinking, not just final designs. Personas, flows, wireframes, sketches – they’re all great insights for us. So while we’re very happy to browse your Dribbble profile, please attach some more behind-the-scenes material if you have it handy!
Why you should work with us:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals. 2019 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading brain training service and expand into new verticals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 25 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge