Software Engineer (Back-end)
Peak’s mission is to improve people’s quality of life in a fun way. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the #1 mobile brain training app with more than 40 million users in 14 languages. Our app was chosen by Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of mobile technology.
- Participating in the architectural design, innovation and development of features.
- Collaborating and defining the best APIs and practices to support offline-first applications for millions of active users.
- Developing and building tools.
- Implementing predictive models of user behaviour.
- Working closely with the data science team to help them prototype data models.
- 5 plus years relevant experience.
- Java (or other significant OO language with desire to learn Objective-C/Swift languages).
- A good understanding of design pattern.
- Experience dealing with large and/or complex data sets.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability — taking ownership of a problem comes naturally to you.
- You'll need to be comfortable with working with both business and engineering teams.
- You must be ready to learn a lot in a short amount of time.
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK.
Why you should work with us:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading brain training service and expand into new verticals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 22 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.