Peak’s mission is to help the world spend their time better using tools and techniques borrowed from education, neuroscience and gaming. We make products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, which has now been downloaded over 40 million times across the globe. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as leading example of mobile technology. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
- Own and build new features on a brand new android-first app.
- Build challenging algorithms and solve client performance issues.
- Use expert knowledge of the android platform to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- Experience building consumer-facing mobile or web software.
- 2+ years experience building Android applications.
- Experience building/contributing to/maintaining at least one app already on the Play Store.
- Ability to build an Android application end-to-end.
- Expert knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java is a plus.
- Good understanding of data storage on Android.
- Experience dealing with interactions between mobile client and server.
- Software architecture experience.
- Strong OOP, good knowledge in design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration & deployment.
- Experience building REST APIs is a plus.
- Experience using the following libraries is a plus: Toothpick, Room, ExoPlayer, Retrofit, Moshi, Android support libraries.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Why you should work with us:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading brain training service and expand into new verticals.
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 22 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.