Peak’s mission is to improve people’s quality of life in a fun way. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak - Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile with more than 40 million users in 14 different languages. Our app was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as leading example of mobile technology. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
As a Data Scientist at Peak, your job is to help make every decision as data-driven as possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop metrics and tools to better understand the engagement of millions of users (conversion, retention etc)
- Use Machine Learning tools to build predictive and descriptive models of user behaviour
- Own your own projects from start to finish and work with the lead data scientist to deliver BI and data science results
- Work across the whole business testing hypotheses (A/B testing) and delivering insights for the product, marketing, tech and design teams
- 1-2 years of commercial data science experience running your own analyses, performing A/B tests and creating machine learning models
- A strong analytical background and a curious mind that likes to solve problems
- Experience with SQL and ideally Python, but we also have legacy code in R.
- Excellent communication skills as we work with all teams in the business
- A broad understanding of how businesses operate
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of Bayesian statistics
- Designing data models
- Experience with BI software (we use Looker in-house)
Why Work With Us?
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days;
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities;
- 2 day hackathons every other month to work on personal or group projects;
- Pension and health insurance, sporting allowance;
- 22 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays; and
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.