Junior QA Tester (Contractor)
Peak’s mission is to help the world spend their time better using tools and techniques borrowed from education, neuroscience and gaming. We make products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, which has now been downloaded over 40 million times across the globe. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of mobile technology. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
Peak is looking for a Junior QA Tester who will be working with our iOS and Android development teams to conduct manual mobile testing.
You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs as well as test planning and execution. Your input will influence our product development, from the planning stage to deployment. You will work within a collaborative team who are all dedicated to creating a world-class product and user experience.
- Identify, verify and record bugs in our mobile applications.
- Perform various types of testing to an agreed standard to prepare a high quality application for deployment.
- Create, implement and maintain test plans that ensure exhaustive testing of all our mobile products.
- Collaborate with developers in an agile environment to improve overall product quality.
- Experience as a software QA tester or similar role.
- A solid understanding of mobile apps and the underlying technology behind them.
- Passion for gaming and mobile apps.
- Good understanding of modern QA processes and practices.
- Strong prioritisation skills, with the ability to gauge the relative significance of bugs.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A passion for the start up scene and willingness to learn and grow.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in mobile QA testing on iOS and/or Android.
- Knowledge of or experience using JIRA to record and track bugs.
- Experience with deployment using CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bitrise etc).
- Practical use of Postman and Charles Proxy for API and proxy checks.
Why you should work with us:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading brain training service and expand into new verticals.
- Relaxed and fun work environment with a pool table, board games, PS4 + PSVR for use anytime;
- Breakfast and snacks provided all day along with a fully-stocked drinks fridge.