Peak’s mission is to help the world spend their time better using tools and techniques borrowed from education, neuroscience and gaming. We make products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. We invest in research and we share what we have learnt with the world. You can read about our recent research work in the London Telegraph and you can read about how our scientists think you can boost your brain in the Daily Mail.
The company was founded in 2013 by four entrepreneurs. It grew quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile and, since then, Peak’s products have been downloaded more than 50 million times across the globe. Peak is regularly featured by both Apple and Google as a leading example of mobile technology and has been Editors’ Choice, App of the Year and App of the Day across the world.
In 2016, the company was acquired by Hachette Livre with a view to expanding their digital offering and since then Peak has gone from strength to strength. Peak – Brain Training remains the market leading mobile brain training app and, in 2019, the company will release exciting new products with a focus on self-care and self-improvement.
Why Work For Us
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team. It’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together in our large, open plan kitchen with its fully stocked fridge. It’s also why we hold regular team days and hackathons every two months to ensure the team is always trying new things, together. In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
We aim high 🛫
"Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable." Coco Chanel
We are open 📖
“Minds are like parachutes – they only function when open.” – Thomas Dewar
“We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already...” – J.K. Rowling
We care 💙
“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
We play as a team 🏒
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
- Choice of laptop plus either an iPhone or Pixel2.
- 72 hour hackathon every 3 months. Work with different teams, try new ideas and experiment with new projects.
- Deep involvement in product decisions with the opportunity to shape the company’s future.
- Flexible career path. We’ve had team members move from CS to QA and from Science to Product Management.
- Performance related bonus scheme with the opportunity to earn up to 20% of annual salary.
- A training budget of £1000 per year to spend on training, conferences, books and more.
- Monthly Tech lunches, where engineers share knowledge with one another.
- Performance review every 6 months to ensure you’re progressing in your career and maximising your potential.
- Bupa Health & Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Gym allowance so you can be healthy in mind and body.
- Breakfast and snacks all day.
- Deliveroo allowance if you are working after 7:30pm.
- 25 holidays plus all the public ones.
- Work from home whenever necessary.
- Full suit of games including pool, Fifa, Towerfall and any number of board games.
Please be aware that we only very occasionally work with agency partners, and only on a role-by-role basis. This ensures that we can provide that agency partner with all the information and tools they need to be successful in supporting us! We only accept CVs that are submitted via our ATS, Workable. Speculative CVs sent via email will not be considered liable for a fee.