Peak’s mission is to help the world spend their time better using tools and techniques borrowed from education, neuroscience and gaming. We make products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. We invest in research and we share what we have learnt with the world. You can read about our recent research work in the London Telegraph and you can read about how our scientists think you can boost your brain in the Daily Mail.
The company was founded in 2013 by four entrepreneurs, Xavier Louis, Sagi Shorrer, Itamar Lesuisse and Gerald Goldstein. It grew quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile and, since then, Peak’s products have been downloaded more than 50 million times across the globe. Five years after launch, it is regularly featured by both Apple and Google as a leading example of mobile technology and has been Editors’ Choice, App of the Year and App of the Day across the world.
In 2016 the company was acquired by Hachette Livre with a view to expanding their digital offering and since then Peak has gone from strength to strength. Peak – Brain Training remains the market leading mobile brain training app and, in 2019, the company will release exciting new products with a focus on self-care and self-improvement.
Why Work For Us
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team. It’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together in our large, open plan kitchen with its fully stocked fridge. It’s also why we hold regular team days and hackathons every two months to ensure the team is always trying new things, together. In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
We aim high 🛫
"Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable." Coco Chanel
- We are bold and take risks.
- We always strive to deliver results of which we can be truly proud.
- Details matter. We craft products with love and so we take care to get the little things right as well as the big things.
We are open 📖
“Minds are like parachutes – they only function when open.” – Thomas Dewar
- We are open to new ideas. We never know where the next big idea is going to come from so we are always open to someone else’s thinking, whether they’re the CEO or the intern.
- We speak our minds. When we disagree, we say so.
- We are not afraid to give feedback because asking questions can help us understand the motivation behind a decision.
- We make mistakes. Lots of them. And we make sure we learn from each one.
“We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already...” – J.K. Rowling
- We always challenge one another and push the boundaries of of our knowledge.
- We take pleasure in discovery and we aren’t afraid of self improvement. New ideas are awesome and they come from everywhere.
- We share our insights and learn from each other: together it is the fastest way to grow.
We care 💙
“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
- We care about one another, about our users, about our products, our mission.
- We are kind. We always seek to help one another and we are thoughtful in everything we do.
- We speak and listen with care and patience.
- We show trust. Part of caring about one another is trusting one another.
We play as a team 🏒
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
- We are all travelling together in the same direction. Sometimes we move at different speeds, however our destination is the same.
- We have fun together and we enjoy ourselves. Work is what we do all day every day – let’s enjoy it.
- We achieve far more together than we do on our own.
- Choice of laptop plus either an iPhone or Pixel2.
- 48 hour hackathon every 2 months. Work with different teams, try new ideas and experiment with new projects.
- Deep involvement in product decisions with the opportunity to shape the company’s future.
- Flexible career path. We’ve had team members move from CS to QA and from Science to Product Management.
- Performance related bonus scheme with the opportunity to earn up to 20% of annual salary.
- A training budget of £1000 per year to spend on training, conferences, books and more.
- Monthly Tech lunches, where engineers share knowledge with one another.
- Performance review every 6 months to ensure you’re progressing in your career and maximising your potential.
- Bupa Health & Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Gym allowance so you can be healthy in mind and body.
- Breakfast and snacks all day.
- Deliveroo allowance if you are working after 7:30pm.
- 25 holidays plus all the public ones.
- Work from home whenever necessary.
- Full suit of games including pool, Fifa, Towerfall and any number of board games.